Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances

To: KGB <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 04:09:21 GMT jB649c4X032260
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm a kid at heart, too.

AND an adult of the male persuasion...IOW,
a "man". This post will end the Cap'n Bob/
distance thread...hopefully. It's my last
one, anyway.

I am also an adult who realizes he is
neither 20, nor 40 or 55 any more. A man
has got to realize his limitations....and that
these will change as he ages. And I am a man who doesn't need a woman to "take
care" of him (though it would be nice to
have one around!:).

And God bless the caretaking "traditional" wife for without her, the
"traditional" man
would die an earlier death, for sure.

"Slowing down" doesn't mean becoming
a couch potato or necessarily "quitting"...
though it might if your a heavy smoker and/or heavy drinker.

It means disciplining one's self in terms of judgement....as in "moderation".

Remember when you could stay up all
night, drink, party and yet have plenty of
energy to be throwing a football or frisbie
around in Central Park with your date and
buddies at sun-up the following morning??

I do. Try behaving this way at 50. Let me know how you make out!! :):)

Remember when you could ski the slopes
all day with your date, hit the bar/restaurant, then head for the chalet,
a warm hot tub and screw your brains out
that night before getting back up and
doing it all again the next day??? I do.

Helluvalot of fun. Try doing it at 60. Let
me know how you make out! :):)

Remember the old guy who wrote the book
on increased well-being, better health
and increased longevity through running?
He dropped dead of a heart attack.....while running. Yeah.....he "knew".

Older person wanting to maintain aerobic
efficiency??? Have sex 4-5 times a week. Or ride a bike a couple of miles a few
days a week.....or walk (at a decent clip) 3-5 miles a week. Or swim. But if
you're over 30, and
especially if on the heavy side, run at your
own risk and beat your joints to death. And
I ran track, x-country and played soccer in
school.

A lotta people tell you a lotta things. A lotta people do a lotta things
suggested
to them by experts. Like Dr. Spock telling
insecure adults how to raise their kids.
And the subsequent generation's behaviour? Generally.... steadily worse since
those times. Yeah.....he "knew". He knew sh-t! My parents, unintended errors
and all,
knew more than Spock did about raising kids to become well behaved
"responsible"
adults. I mean, obviously.

Sure I'm a kid at heart. But within also is a
developed adult....an adult who knows
how to be a good parent....to "his kid".

The "adult" knows the body/organs are
no longer those of "the kid" and and
"parents" (moderates) "the kid" within
accordingly. Men of my generation weren't
raised to be "caretakers", though the
"potential" in this respect is there. If, as
you age, you can't tap into this potential for your own well being.....then you
BETTER have a "traditional" woman around!

And tapping into this potential doesn't
make you less of a man....it makes you
a more sensitive, aware and intelligent
adult....and a better parent...for
"your" kid, your kids, and all kids.

You wanna prove your a "man"....enlist, pick
up a rifle and join our "kids" in Iraq. God
bless these "kids"....these young adults,
of both sexual persuasions.....these fine "men" and "woman" who make our
lives in a free society possible (differing
political views aside for the moment).

End of "man" rant!! End of thread (hopefully:)!!

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog