Re: MGBGT on eBay

To: Kid Vid <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGBGT on eBay
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:52:38 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had a very similar car to the one described, right down to the Leyland
factory radio.  I sold that car for $3800 in 2001, and I regret it. It was a
2nd owner car, I drove it regularly over the 2 years I owned it, including in
heavy snowfall when my Miata (at the time) coldn't cut it. I would love another
BGT.  No regrets, no real issues at all, and as practical an LBC as I've owned.
 The current owner, a real NBT (Non- Bob type) drives it daily, and the day SHE
bought it she drove it home from Blackhawk Farms in Northern Illinois to her
home in Bowling Green, KY.  I sold it to make room in the garage and simplify
the automotive situation, then bought another Midget 5 days later anyway. Not
sure if the link will work if you're not logged on as me, but a picture of the
sale (complete with 2 Peters, Egan and Caldwell):

  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/soavero/detail?.dir=2df1&.dnm=4cf5.jpg&.src=ph

  In the main photo album is the 1970 Midget that replaced it.

Kid Vid <kidjoevid@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I've been considering changing from my Spartan '62
Sprite MKII to something more comfortable. Does anyone
have an opinion on later MGBGT's, and in particular
nice looking '71 on eBay - #4596578302.

I'd love to read considered opinions on the car's
merits.

Ron Soave

"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend."
 George W. Bush, on visiting Denmark, June 29, 2005