RE: Wire wheel restoration

To: "Kid Vid" <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wire wheel restoration
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:55:39 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
hydrogen embritlement is the end result of chrome plating and any other
electroplating process.  the parts must be baked at a certain temperature
for a specific time to relieve the pieces so they are not brittle.   most
platers are not equiped with the needed oven to to do that step.
if you are considering stainless spokes remember to use the reccomended
teflon liquid lube as stainless to stainless threadded items tend to gaull
quite easily if not properly lubed!

chuck