Re: Rollover update

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rollover update
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:55:57 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris,
  Just for kicks, I'd get a dye-penetrant kit form Pegasusautoracing.com and
crack check "stuff".  It's around $30-$35, easy to use, and I use it a lot. In
a recent pre-race check, I found a crack on the hub of a brake rotor that could
have really, really ruined my day.

Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
  I finally got a chance to pull the left front suspension from my Midget.
I found that I'd bent the shock arm back by at least 1/2", and I bent
the kingpin at the top. But I was able to get the stub axle off, so the
bend wasn't bad, but just enough to make removal of the trunion and stub
axle difficult.

Surprisingly, there is no play between the kingpin and the lower fulcrum
pin. So I may be able to re-use the a-arm.

I have the spares to put this back together, so I should have the car
driveable very soon. Then on to the more intimidating task: bodywork! :)

Ron Soave

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop
thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
 G. W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004