Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances

To: KGB <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: Cap'n Bob and driving distances
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 02:23:23 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Way to go, Kate!!  I put about 12,000 a year on motorcycles and NEVER
the interstates unless there's no avoiding it!  I learned a long time ago
that you don't make much better time on the super slab than you do
on the back roads and you miss high adventure!. Besides, there are
plenty of routes where there are no interstates!  Scenery's better off
the super slab, too!

If the Midget is running, I'll drive it to summer SOS. I'm damned near
as old as Cap'n Bob and I'd bet with nearly 500,000 miles of motorcycle
riding under my belt had as many close calls as any professional pilot.
Maybe even more.

"Of journeying the benefits are many: the freshness it bringeth to the
heart, the seeing and hearing of marvelous things, the delight of
beholding new cities, the meeting of unknown friends, and the learning
of high manners"
- Muslih-uddin Sadi -

Cheers!!
Jim - he of the stationary Midget in Dodge City