RE: More Paint Questions

To: "'David Riker'" <davriker@digitalpath.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More Paint Questions
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:55:37 -0600
David,

I feel your pain.

Nearly 20 years ago, my brother and I repainted my 100-6 that I'd owned
since high school in '73. We spent many hours getting it straight, as we
painted it black.

<http://www.thicko.com/crazy%20about%20cars.htm>

The following summer, the car was sitting in the driveway at the front of
the property. I was working on a sandbox for my kids in the back yard, and
grabbed a spray gun to spray the wood down with a urethane sealer. The car
was at least 200' away, with a house in between.

The next day, I looked close at the car, and it looked like the paint had
gold metalflake. The urethane apparently stayed airborne, and solvent enough
to land on the car. I was sick. Fortunately, there was enough paint on it to
wet sand it again, and remove the sandbox overspray.

Best of luck to you, but I suspect it'll all have to come off to be right.

WST