RE: Buying a Real Air Compressor

To: "'Gregory Groiss'" <ggroiss@gmail.com>, "'spridget list'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Buying a Real Air Compressor
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:00:02 -0600
Hey Greg (nice name :) ),

I've been looking for a "real" compressor to get as well.  It looks like I
won't be traveling every week, so I should have time to get back working on
my Sprite.

I've been looking at this one from Sears:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&p
id=00916780000

It is in the price range you are looking for ($819).  I'm not sure who makes
their compressors for them, but it has good specs:

80 gal.
5.5 HP
2 stage pump with splash lubrication
17.4 SCFM @ 100psi
16.9 SCFM @ 175psi
Max psi is 175
240 Volt.  It doesn't say, but I'm pretty sure it is single phase.

If anyone has experience with this model, I'd be interested in any feedback.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Driftwood, TX