Re: Hardtop hardware?

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop hardware?
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:15:23 -0800
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On Jan 6, 2006, at 8:39 AM, Lester Ewing wrote:

> could someone let me know what hardware is used to hold the hardtop
> down in the back?  I have the metal straps that extend down to
> where they meet the hoop mounts and there is a hole in it that
> lines p with a hole in the hoop mount.  So what goes in there..
> hmm..  what did the factory say should go in there..

Lester,

There was  long bolt that went through the hardtop bracket and came
out at the bottom of the bracket for the soft top.  Then there was a
wing nut and washer that held it all together.  You should be able to
find workable parts at any large hardware store.  If no else has the
bolt spec's handy I will be glad to get my top down and get that for
you.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)