Re: SUVs

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SUVs
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:08:25 GMT
Yeah....
while some are better than others, most
SUV's have a tendency to go end over end
when faced by a brake/swerve to avoid/impact-type of event. Seen this twice
on limited access highways at speeds of
60 or so. Ass over teakettle in a heartbeat.

In each case, the SUV landed on top of the
vehicle it hit after initial impact. What fascinated me was how quickly the SUV
(in
each case) so easily flipped over. Wouldn't
have believed it if I'd not observed same
personally. Right "over the top"....no
hesitation to perform the maneuver at all...
"over" in a heartbeat...done deal.

'Course I'm sure the relatively wider HUMVEEs suffer no such such tendency.

What I like about SUV's is the vertical perspective they give as far as being
able
to see way down the road, especially in
contaminated conditions. Course, with
so many people drivin' 'em, this advantage
is somewhat diminished.

There are definitely people/places that have good use for these vehicles. But
around my area, everybody and his wife has
one. You hardly see more than one person in any of them at one time...really.
99% for
image and keeping up with joneses for sure.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)