Re: Winter Activiies near Tucson, AZ? (NO LBC)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winter Activiies near Tucson, AZ? (NO LBC)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:14:03 -0600
conan wrote:

>  Thanks for the suggestions guys!
>  I will forward this stuff to Dad. (...then -call- him so he'll go check his
>email. ;-) )
>
>  He won't be there in time for the little car show (not sure if he'd care or
>not) but should be able to catch the tail of the gem & mineral show (may be
>interested).
>  Yes he's definitely interested in old airplanes though.  (I bought him a
>ride in the EAA's B-17 back in '96.  He said his turn at the controls was the
>longest 10 minutes of his life.

"Aluminum Overcast" is the B-17G.....helped replace a jug and then a
main wheel when the 'old man' blew a tire at Milwaukee.
We had to do a powered (APU) gear retraction AND a hand crank cycling.
636 turns on the handcrank to retract the gear...ahhhh the memories;
longest 15 min. of my life...and the pain......I much prefer
handcranking the MGA!
Sounds like Pop is going to have a fun time!

Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS