Re: RE Trailing arm bushings

To: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE Trailing arm bushings
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:03:24 -0600
Phil
Learned that from a mechanic at the bus company I work for. They use the
Sawzall for doing the same thing, but the arms are more like 4 feet long and
solid steel. They use a press to gut out the rubber, just enough so the
sawzall blade will fit, then down through the rubber and into the steel outer
ring. The mechanic didn't know if I'd have enough finess to not cut in to the
arm metal. I managed, in my first attempt, to make one groove deep enough to
feel with my finger. After that I got better at it, just a few scratches in
the paint. Making  2 slots will allow these to almost drop out, maybe a small
prod from a screwdriver is all it will take.