Re: Repairs underway at long last....

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Repairs underway at long last....
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:25:54 -0600
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On 1/12/06, Robert E. Shlafer <pilotrob@webtv.net> wrote:

> So when the car is up in the lift and the rear wheels are free to turn,
> the gearbox will shift into all gears.
>
> But when the car/rear wheels are solidly on the ground, it won't.

Ummmm.  Not quite.  It actually produced both conditions with
the wheels on the ground.  Sporadically it will shift - or not.  Seems
to be regardless of whether the engine is running or the wheels
are on solid ground.  That's what makes me think it is something
wonky with the clutch.

The VB Borg & Beck is the "quality" stock set-up. I'll tell you what you
> might do, Jim.
> Rather than replacing the stock carbon throwout bearing, you might convert
> to the
> more mechanically user-friendly "roller"
> available at www.minimania.com

Thanks, Cap'n.  I'll check that out...

Cheers!!
Jim - whose midget moved today in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget