Re: oil pres

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: oil pres
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:44:12 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"top end problems can lead to low oil press"....absolutely.

In the specific case in question, a "new" motor packed up rather suddenly at the
point it concurrently exhibited a couple of symptoms of oil starvation (top end
"clatter" being one of them) subsequent to exhibiting relatively low oil press.
readings upon initial start to the time of failure, which occurred after the
engine had been run long enough to reach normal operating temperature.

The other symptom was a "squealing" noise
(bearings?). Both symptoms occurred after
the engine "hic-cupped"....haven't a definite
definition for this one but I'll ass-u-me a
definite mechanically sounding "pause" in relatively smooth running! :):)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)