Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:14:56 -0500
I am throwing this idea out now some 2.5 years before the time because
it will take that long to properly book this event.
I would like to see a mega Spridget (note that means Sprite AND Midget)
blast around May of 2008, 50 years after our little cars were introduced.

I am not an event organizing type guy but maybe we have those types on
this list?
Someone in the middle of the USA so people from both the right and wrong
coasts can make the trip reasonably.
This gives everybody 2 years to finish their projects.
Come on now, a Spridget only takes a few months at best if you WORK on it
We would need a place for say 200 attendees
An autocross area/large parking lot is a must
A drag strip close by is even better
This would involve mass mailing, emails to other clubs, notes in AH and
MG pubbys, etc.
I am sure the east coast Oshit team can organize this event but we
really do need to have it more centrally located so more people attend.
What do you folks think?
Any volunteers from the mid america region?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ