Re: Crankshafts

To: CHRIS KOTTING <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>, Mark Hineline <hineline@ocotillofield.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshafts
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:23:08 GMT
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"This will about triple the cost of my engine"

Well, I don't know what your budget is and
I certainly appreciate you're trying to get the best bang for your buck, but
"quality,
prepared" crankshafts for our older cars
have become more few (as have suppliers)
over time.

However, you might try Storm Crankshaft
in Mt. Vernon, NY, 914-664-3563.

Not saying they'll have one around but you
never know. I've given Storm my cranks all
my life with nary a failure...Spridgets, MGA's, B's, etc. They do ALL
cranks...trucks,
ships, large, small, whatever. Been in the biz
for at least 40 years.

They can prepare a crank any way you want
it for a reasonable "going" price.

You might also give a buzz to Rivergate's
Bill Perry. He builds 1275's for street and
track. www.rivergate5speed.com

Tell 'em I sent you. His prices are reasonable. Besides being a pleasure to do
business with, he's an honest guy who stands by his work/products...good man.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)