Re: RE Car Show Class Question

To: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: RE Car Show Class Question
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:45:26 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Dan,

       i entered a couple of field meets last year (Vancouver Canada,
       and Seattle Washington, [as well as Portland Oregon)]). at the
       first two there were only enough sprites (a seperate
       designation for MG's) to have one class---SPRITES---- while
       mine is a DRIVER, not a trailer queen, and definetely not
       stock, i knew that even tho there were only 4 sprites at one
       and 5 at the other, that the BE's would get FIRST and SECOND
       place, and the square bodies would be vieing for third at best.
       Sure enough, even tho the other Square body was a better done
       car, the BE's won.... .. that's just the way it is.. if they
       are going to have a chance to compete for top prizes they MUST
       be seperated, even tho they are the same under the skin. .. the
       same thing would happen to RB cars if they are lumped in.. ..
       no matter how nice, they can't win a judging against a BE, or
       likely even over an Chrome bumber square body.... .. .. and it
       WOULD be interesting to see MK I midgets against MK II sprites,
       .. etc! see if those chrome stips make a difference in peoples
       choice awards,   :-)

       as a side note, in Canada, there were three BE's and my '66. i
       in the sprite category. people would come up to me and ask why
       i was parked up here with the sprites instead of down with the
       midgets? (where i belonged?)

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com