Wiring problem...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring problem...
From: Tim Holt <holtt@onid.orst.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:14:20 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK - got a wierd wiring problem going on w/my Mk III 1974 MG Midget.  I'm pretty
sure I get the general idea of what's going on, but wonder if anyone can offer
some advice...

For a while, my right turn signal has been going very slow.  Eventually they
both quit working.  I reach under the dash and wiggle the wire harness around,
and ... the wipers come on.  Wiper switch is off.  Later I'm driving and notice
the right blinker is on, but the switch/wand isn't.  I wiggle the wires, it
quits.

Today, after taking off the dash to look at the harness, I try out the turn
singnals.  Left works again, right goes really slow.  And when I turn on the
right after the car has sat a bit, I hear a single thump from the fuel pump.

So my guess is something's shorting out.   But what would the fuel pump, the
wipers and the right turn signal all have in common, which probably is in the
dash vicinity?  Any ideas?

TIm

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html