Lord Lucas Strikes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lord Lucas Strikes
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 12:03:54 -0800
Hello everyone,

We just bought a 1970 Midget for my son. We've been sorting through
various DPO issues, but have run across a particularly bad electrical
problem.  So far as I can tell, this is a California model car.

We have a short in the green circuit. In an effort to isolate the
problem, I've disconnected the reverse light switch, the stop light
switch, the green lead going into the tachometer, all the wiring going
into the center console, and the green wire to the voltage stabilizer.
We still have the short.

I checked that the terminal on the fuse box was properly insulated, and
it has no connection to ground.

I think we're left with some issue inside the harness itself, but I'm
willing to believe that we overlooked something.

Any suggestions are welcome at this point.

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

1969 MGB-GT and a 1970 Midget.

--
------
Sure, "Scrum" is a weird name, but "Assault and Battery" was already taken.