Re: California Curiosity

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: California Curiosity
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:50:11 -0800
On Thursday, February 16, 2006, at 02:19PM, Peter C. <nosimport@mailbag.com>
wrote:

>At 02:22 PM 2/16/2006, Timothy H. Collins wrote:
>
>>  Is there anything that isn't regulated in CA?

Not much.

But CA has had vehicle codes for over 60 years.  I think they were started with
help from the Automobile Club of Southern CA which was a moving force behind
such things as street signs, which side of the road you drive on and paved
roads. For years anything for a car had to have a CA approval before it could
be sold in the state, including cars.  Some times this was good, other times
not so good depending on your view.  On the good side almost anything you
bought for a car did work. On the bad side things like Lucas Flame Thrower
driving lights were not legal in the state.  So the CA Vehicle Code is a very
large book!

Bob Kitterer - not at home much these days.