Re: Master Brake Cylinder Question

To: Monty Love <cmlove@knology.net>
Subject: Re: Master Brake Cylinder Question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:26:13 -0500
Monty Love wrote:

> The problem is the small piece of metal that links the two pistons in the
> cylinder.  Can these inards be replaced?

Monty

I am sure you mean that little band of metal that broke when you twisted
the piston trying to get it apart.
Don't ask me how I know this ;)
You can make that piece very easily, it is just a spacer.
Find a suitably thick cotter pin about 2.5 or 3" long, using the
original loop on the pin, measure 1 inch and make another loop.
Twist the extra metal around so it stays together.
Or look for a thin metal band that you can squash that measures 1" from
end to end after you squash it. Hardware store spacing collar or even a
thin slice off a piece of tubing.

The split/roll pins are common hardware store items or you can use a cut
off 4d finish nail as a pin.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ