Re: Ebay Story (Long)

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Ebay Story (Long)
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:37:13 -0500
This will certainly be a test of ebay's desire to maintain integrity. I
faced the same situation as you on my last purchase from the UK. My
choices for shipping were 10 days for outrageous money, or 30 or 60 day
Royal Mail with no way to track. I chose the 30 day and after a month
went by I was thinking about it constantly.  The situation was worse
because the seller didn't answer promptly and was a man of few words. I
was patient, and it was tough because it ended up arriving three weeks
late. So even though it was a happy ending, and I"m  finding other parts
from the UK I'd like, I steer clear of the UK auctions. It's just too
iffy to let something you paid for hang for 2 months.
John