New Member

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New Member
From: JMFarley50@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:13:09 EST
Hi.  My name is John Farley and am a new member to the mailing  list.  I live
near Elmira, NY - which is very near Watkins Glen  International, a great
place!  I have a '61 bugeye that I purchased in Nov.  and am in the process of
replacing the 948 (9CG) engine with a 1275.  I  obtained one to rebuild, with a
spare, from Frank in Toms River, NJ.  and  picked it up Tues.  He is the one
that recommended this list to me and has  been very helpful with technical
questions, etc.

This is my third '61 bugeye, but many years have passed since the last  one.
My first "road car" was one I purchased around 1966 and was my daily  driver
for a few years.  Actually was instrumental in attracting my future  wife to
me.  With starting a family, haven't had one since the early  70's.  Am psyched
about getting back into them.

My current one is solid with little rust and in pretty good shape.   Has the
front disc brake upgrade, Minilite "look alike" wheels and ribcase  gearbox.
It will be a "forever" project.

Knowledge generated by this list has already been very  educational.  Looking
forward to further info.

Thanks,  John