Kent Cams ? ?

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kent Cams ? ?
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:13:35 -0800
Hi all,

Got a 1275 in here that was set up allegedly with a Kent 266 Cam, and a 45DCOE
Weber, .040 High compression pistons.  Probably more stuff, just don't know.

Cam needs replacing as it's bent and rusty.  Yes, bent and rusty!  Ever see a
rusty crankshaft too?   Hard to believe someone would do that on a "Perfectly
rebuilt 1275."

Engine has about 200 miles on it.  Owner never cared for this setup as it was
terrible at low and mid range Rpm's.  I suspect a lot of it was  due to the
Weber not set up properly.

Question I have is this.  Is the 256 cam preferable to the 266 in the
operation the owner wants.  He's not interested in anything he can't drive
around the city at slower speeds, but is interested in some of what he calls,
"A little more punch than stock."  It's in a Morris Minor Van with a 5 speed
and 3.9 dif. 185-70 X 13 tires.

What say you, fans and experienced folks out there?

TIA, Paul A