Re: making a Mini quieter

To: gjbranch@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: making a Mini quieter
From: Miniac7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:03:57 EST
Go with a product called "Dynamat". There are others out there, but I  know
for a fact this one works. A friend did his Mini a few years ago, and I'm
planning to use it in mine one of these days. Pull up the carpet and run it on
the floor from the pedals back to the top of the rear seat, including the rear
shelf. Do the insides of the doors and rear fenders as well. I doubt  you'll
be disappointed.

To reduce induction noise, you mat want to consider what I've done to mine.
cut a sheet metal plate and install it over the firewall hole in back of the
gauge cluster, assuming you have a center binnacle. Attach it to the firewall
with self tapping sheet metal screws. Paint it to match the engine bay, and
it  will also improve the looks of things IMHO.

_http:///www.dynamat.com_ (http:///www.dynamat.com)

Howard Collins
60' AH Bugeye
69' Austin Mini