Re: Hi, I'm new and what a list

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm new and what a list
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:39:33 -0400
Bob,

The VIN number for the chassis is stamped behind the suspension mount on the
passenger side just below the shock absorber. That will be the real VIN of the
car as it left the factory. You probably have to scrape 40 years of crud off of
it to read the number.

Find it and post it and I'm sure that someone can give you the manufacture date.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - some day auto-x-er

oh, by the way, i bought this at am estate auction, so the previous owner is
no help, but it had been registered in illinois as a 61, go figure, so that
is my proof of ownership, along with a receipt that says it is a 61.