My civic duty done today, No LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: My civic duty done today, No LBC
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:42:56 -0500
Ah, what a relief!

Mid April, that time of year around here when it's time to account
for the compensations we have received, and to rid ourselves of the
excesses that we personally don't require, but that another can put
to good use. A time to reduce our own inventory, and contribute to
the world's well-being while admitting that retaining more than our
share can be harmful to ourselves, those we love, and ultimately the
entire world in which we live.

It just feels good to send off that which we didn't really need; to
have a signature on those documents; to see the clean white truck
ambling away with the product of our labor that will surely help
someone, somewhere, grow and prosper from our leftovers. It's hard to
digest the significance this has on one's life. The talk of
trickle-down has some merit, but here go the echoes of explosive
involvement, where every time one sits to pause and reflect you
realize an immediate impact on those who require the very stuff that
gives life and breath to countless individuals who can't speak for themselves.

It makes one feel cleansed, unburdened, enlightened, even, to have
your septic tank pumped.

Peter C.