Terry Horler Sprite & Midget God wrote me a letter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Terry Horler Sprite & Midget God wrote me a letter
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:52:03 -0400
I just received a written letter from Terry Horler, Bristol England author
of Original Sprite & Midget The Restorers Guide. I had written him about 1
month ago regarding the pink MKII I purchased from California and patiently
waiting for it's delivery to NJ on the 29 of April. I asked how many of the
deep pink MKII's were made and or how I could find that information. He said
"I think there are only 3 or 4 examples listed on the Midget & Sprite club
register", but that I should contact the Heritage Trust Archive & Library in
Warwick UK for the final count. He also said "I remember that one member
disliked the colour so much that he was determined to have it finished in
something else despite much lobbying from several members who realized how
rare this was." He was very happy to know another will be saved from the
California junk yard which was where my little car was going after the motor
& tranny pulled. It took me about 1 month of coaxing the owner to wait till
I could track down the original owner's one being from Greece so I could get
a clean title before purchasing her. Terry said that the MKII is rare in
itself although resale doesn't show that currently. I'm so excited that she
is finally going to get here after finding it over 4 months ago I feel like
I should be having a shower for her......hummmm perhaps I should decorate
the garage with pink paper ribbons and streamers.

For those shipping I'm shipping via DAS www.dasautoshippers.com but after
they heard that the wheel base was so small they honored my sale which I
made prior to purchasing the car but will refuse all other Sprites & Midgets
in the future. Their suggestion is to use Passport which was purchased by
FedEx http://passport.fedex.com I called them and they will ship
Spridgetsfor about $2068. coast to coast, CA to NJ. The good thing
about Passport is
that they are enclosed and will work deals if you have more than one car.

Happy Motoring,

Linda