RE: brakes

To: <rcampion@usadatanet.net>,
Subject: RE: brakes
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:52:52 GMT
Bob...

Bud's advice is sound because usually because seals in hydraulic systems that
have remained dormant "dry out" and lose their ability to further absorb
hydraulic fluid to again, (swell) "seal".

The seals MAY seem OK at first, but very shortly will begin leaking fluid and
you'll
have to do the work anyway, usually in
short time from the vehicle's "re-awakening" and usually at the worst or
more inconvenient time/places.

This is one of the main reasons I start and
"move" my car during winter/storage...to
circulate and coat parts with fluids. And with the hydraulics, it's a case of
"use it" or "lose it" (sealing ability).

A clutch can fail on the road and it's an
inconvenient PITA. The brakes however?
You don't normally use them unless....????

You're a smart guy....you get the point! :)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)