Old tires

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old tires
From: "Engfehr, John (J.D.)" <jengfehr@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:57:15 -0400
>Definitely do not use 25 year old tires!!

>Guys & Gals - As Dr. Larry discovered, old tires become dangerous.
>Tire compounds do not age like fine wine. They deteriorate over time.

I learned this lesson the hard way. I bought 3 tires that had never been
used; still had the stickers on them. I didn't think to ask how old they
were. When I took them to be mounted the tire guy said no way, these are
30 years old. You live and learn. Does anyone want to make flower boxes
out of these? Only $75.