electrical help needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical help needed
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 22:00:03 -0500
Hullo:
I am a new owner of my first Midget. A 1974. I have been an admirer for some
time now.
I am currently cleaning it up and reworking the rough bits.
I have a question concerning the blinker signal lights.

I am attemtping to track down why the indicator turn flashers are not
working.
I want to check the fuse first. But ...
The manuals all tell one to look behind the 'right facia' to find the fuse
(encased in a steel box).
Pardon my ignorance....
What / where is the "facia" ?
The dash ? The front right quarter panel ? Do I need to pull the dashboard
off?

I have already replaced all of the fuses in the engine compartment.
All lights work. (hazards, brights, sidelamps)
The Horn, dashboard meters, and signal flashers are all giving me electrical
problems at the moment.

If the fuse appears to be fine,
I suppose checking the voltage/amp with a meterlight and possibly replacing
the flasher piece might be next..?

Miles
inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com