Re: need help from a Brit (no LBC)

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: need help from a Brit (no LBC)
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:10:52 -0700
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

>     Would you spell it "customisable"?
>     (Someone is telling me it's spelled with an "s" in the UK)

Yep, that is the way they spell it in the U.K.   You will find that they
they substituted an "s" for the proper "z" in words that end in
"izable".  Just as they throw in an extraneous "u" is so many words,
such as "labour" and "colour", or misspell the mineral "aluminum" by
tossing in an errant "I", making (and even CALLING it) "aluminium".

It is just tragic that those educated in the United Kingdom  cannot
spell the English language correctly!!!   (And that is not even going
into the issue of how they misapply terms  the English language.  Such
as "fanny", or how they describe parts of an auomobile.)

Buster Evans