Re: Hey, Jim Johnson.... weather, no LBC

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Hey, Jim Johnson.... weather, no LBC
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:05:55 -0500
On 5/11/06, Paul Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hey Jim,  I thought in So Cal that type grey sullen high humidity weather
> was generally referred to as "Earthquake weather"!

Have to admit I never heard that one before. Googled it and there'
squite a list of descriptions of "Earthquake Weather"!

"Folklore reserves the term "earthquake weather" for the sultry,
ominously uneasy period said to precede large earthquakes."

Neato!!

> Suppose they gonna get a repeat of the 1812 slippage in the midwest?

Umm  that'd be the New Madrid quake, I guess. Unfortunately,
geologists and meteorologists agree that any connection between what
happens in the atmosphere and what happens in the earth's crust, it is
an absolute unknown.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City