Re: Hey, Jim Johnson.... weather, no LBC

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Hey, Jim Johnson.... weather, no LBC
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:58:37 -0500
On 5/11/06, Robert E. Shlafer <pilotrob@webtv.net> wrote:
> "You're in the shit for a while too, Cap'n"
>
> I KNOW that, WXMAN!!! I just told you I was and have been for the last week!!
>
> You didn't answer my question.....
>
> I WANNA KNOW WHEN I CAN EXPECT TO SEE THE SUN, AGAIN!!?

I should have been more clear.  Seven days into the future is about
the scientific limit of predictability of the weather. Beyond about 4
days we are really only just a little better than a coin toss. That's
why we give you probabilities rather than categorical forecasts.
Basically what that forecast says is "It's most likely to be cloud as
far into the future as we have any capabiltiy to see".

> (You're no wxman....you're a scam!! I think you may be a Communist!!! I hope
>your
> fuel pump quits on the way home!!:):)

No such luck!!  I rode the 1976 BMW bike to work today. Fuel flow is
gravity feed...   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Commie Midget in Dodge City