Re: Help needed on disassembling combination switch

To: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Subject: Re: Help needed on disassembling combination switch
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:01:51 -0500
On 5/18/06, Hal Faulkner <hal@katemuir.com> wrote:
> Well, while the half shaft is still broken (pending arrival of replacement
> from Buster-I guess he really wants FROG AYE to be at the cluster) I decided
> it was a good time to loose my last key.  Now how the heck does one get the
> old cylinder out of the combination switch to either take it to a locksmith
> or simply replace it?  I see a pin in a hole through the black knob just
> opposite the word "off" but pushing it in doesn't seem to release the knob.
> What's the trick?

Hal,

Do like I do.  Break the lock with something like a chisel or large
screw driver. As soon as the lock is no longer usable, your key will
suddenly appear.  Somebody (I think - Murphy) came up with this
methodology. Then you can go get a new lock AND key from Mo$$ or hot
wire it!

Cheers!!
Jim - Always helpful 68 Midget in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2 BMW
1968 MG Midget