Re: low oil pressure

To: bjshov8@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: low oil pressure
From: Chucknsueo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 06:31:03 EDT
I have done this operation with a 1962 Sprite engine - strip it to a short
block, get two young, strong guys (one of which was me at the time),  standing
in the engine bay one on either side, slide it forward clear of  the trans
input shaft and lift it out.  You lift it up to the sheet  metal beam in front
of
the radiator, one guy balances it there while the other  guy gets out of the
engine compartment.  Then the other guy gets out and  you both lift it to the
ground.

Installation is reverse of removal.  Fitting it to the gear box  requires a
fair amount of fiddling.  So does getting a couple of the harder  to reach
engine to trans bolts back in.

Having done the engine removal both ways I can attest that pulling the
engine and trans with a hoist is much easier.  If you have a hoist and just
pull
the engine you are a glutton for punishment.  Not that there's  anything wrong
with that.  Back then I didn't have a hoist, had lots of  time and lots of
muscle.  Things are not the same now.

Chuck Ott
Middletown DE  AN9, BJ8, BT7

In a message dated 5/19/2006 11:07:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,