Wind tunnel results, ( No LBC )(sorta )

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Wind tunnel results, ( No LBC )(sorta )
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:57:12 -0500
I took my Bonneville Berkeley to the wind tunnel this last week and thought
I'd share the actual CD results...

After many of you saw it at Conclave last year I thought you might like an
update...

Basically we set a record at Bonneville around 252mph with my engine builder
driving then I got in the car and went 260mph, but got rained out for my
return run...  we took that exact configuration and put it in a Wind Tunnel in
North Carolina... the CD started at .271 and then we started whittling on
it... by decreasing the spoiler and playing with this and that we got the CD
down as low as .170 , but the reality is that to keep the car in a drivable
condition the CD is going to be right around .200  which is VERY VERY slick...
especially considering that the car only has a frontal area of 11.5 square
feet ....

Fun stuff....

Keith