Re: $400 Joe Curto carb rebuild

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: $400 Joe Curto carb rebuild
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:26:31 -0700 (PDT)
> > Man, Billy!  Those look pretty good to me even
> given the vice marks.

I don't agree.  I have soaked junkyard dashpots in
carb cleaner for a few hours and had them look better
than this.  And there is absolutely no reason for vise
marks on the sides. When the picture on the home page
shows polished carbs and the text says "cleaning with
biodegradable soap, hand cleaning, and plastic media
blasting plus acid dipping if needed to even color", I
would be led to believe I'd get something uniform in
finish, without vise marks.  And if the carbs were not
of decent core quality to make them look clean and
uniform, I would tell the customer up front and let
him make his own decision before beginning work.

Booked Bustercluster trip, BTW.  Peter and I are in at
SNA on 7/27 late, leaving 7/30 late morning.