Re: BABE update Last Day

To: "Robert A. Valentine" <robert@valentinephoto.net>
Subject: Re: BABE update Last Day
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:42:24 -0500
Kevin,

Caveat Emptor...   I know just enough about this stuff to be dangerous.....

But.....   If they've got 12V with the engine running, surely the
alternator is working fine. If the battery doesn't charge under these
conditions I'd suspect the voltage regulator... At some point, voltage
regulators made their way from the vehicle firewall to a diode set up
in the back of the alternator. My 68 still has the voltage regulator
on the firewall. What's on the OSHIT car?

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City