Re: Pinion Seal

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>,
Subject: Re: Pinion Seal
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:32:41 -0700
Oooooh, Me bad!

I answered this from my perspective of a Morris Minor.  Done it on those
lots of times. Never on a Spridget. And I forgot how little space there is
between the nose of the dif and the tunnel entry on those cars.  Sorry,
didn't mean to mislead you here.

But as Franks says, just 8 bolts!!

(And draining the dif., and the brake connector, and the driveshaft, and the
lug nuts, and the brake drum screws, and the axle pulls!)

However, this gives you a good opportunity to make a magnetic drain plug.
Few drops of JB Weld on the existing plug, put a small ceramic magnet on it
and let it set a bit.  That's all folks!

Later, Paul A