RE: body refinisher from the 70's

To: "'Linda Grunthaner'" <grunthaner@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: body refinisher from the 70's
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 07:23:19 -0500
Y'all would be far better off with a rubbing compound, followed by something
to remove swirls, followed by a good polish.

You can buy a buffer at Harbor Freight, or an orbital polisher at Wal Mart
fairly inexpensively. Do yourself a favor, and buy a good pad for either
(toss the original pad away).

The NuFinish or Starbrite (both still available)are likely to give you a
"semi-gloss" look to your paint. If your paint is totally sacked, I suppose
that's ok. But if it's "rescuable", you're better off with a good buffing
compound.