RE: body refinisher from the 70's

To: "'Duncan Sinclair'" <duncan@pondhop.com>,
Subject: RE: body refinisher from the 70's
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:39:23 -0500
Not sure what the NuFinish or Starbrite are using, but most likely some
petroleum distillates or polymers... so then end up adding a semi-shine to
your lumpy paint surface.

Wet sanding can certainly be a good first step, but only if your paint is
plenty thick.

Also, if your paint is just kind of "dirty" in a manner that regular washing
doesn't solve, get some "Mother's clay", and rub the paint with that before
you start the buffing process.