silly question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: silly question
From: Steven Michelsen <stevenm@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:55:14 -0400
OK here is a silly question.

I am at a stop and prepare to go forward.  The clutch is in.  I put it in 1st,
let out the clutch and give the car no gas.  The car moves forward slowly in
1st.  I stamp on the gas rather than ease onto it.  Instead of taking off, the
engine revs drop to almost zero.  I then let my foot up a bit and the car goes.

Why did the engine not respond by taking off when I abruptly stood on the gas?
Was it just bad form?  Or does my weber carb need a tweak?

Steve