RE: WAS: Distributor NOW: racing

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>,
Subject: RE: WAS: Distributor NOW: racing
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:22:30 -0400
and a stock bore 847cc saab is not ...a well prepared vintage car?    i'm
running more than my car came with and i'm literally backing up on course!
my car's stock motor was a 750cc!  my big cheat and it's 100cc's!   and
evrything i run with still passes me like i'm backing up on course.  LOL!
hey! i love racing , i'm proud of my father's participation in racing
history and running a replica of his 1964 season car is my best link to my
childhood i can reasonably get.
i've seen enough stuff in my childhood to fill at least 1-2 burt levy type
books of the past.   but after racing moto cross as a kid , streetracing in
the 70's and autocrossing in the 70's to 80's , i am thrilled to go vintage
racing after all the risks i've taken in the past.   i actuallytried to get
pole p[osition at summit point with my handicapped parking permit (it's
real!) in my race car and was told to go to the back of the grid where i
belonged! LOL!  hey!  i tried!  it works at the grocery store in bad
weather!  *grin*  the old saab is a great learning tool for momentum & a
good line in corners.   eventually i'll drive my dad's H-mod special "brand
X" !  but for now , i'm driving my "training wheels" of vintage racing
..the old saab!  (how the heck did they get my car in vintage motorsports
annual as "ed diehl'd 93F saab in the sebring coverage?)  ed , co-drives
with me , but after a close inspection  , it's my beige / white suit in
thecar not ed's black suit...??

chuck.
still loving the same bugeye after 32 years.....(whatta cool little car!)

<John.Deikis@va.gov>; <spridgets@autox.team.net>