Re: Support your local spridget guy

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Support your local spridget guy
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:47:58 EDT
Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: Support your local spridget guy

<<<Listerati,
I thought some of you might want to be aware that X,
Billy Zoom's band, is embarking on a US tour this
summer, and chances are they will be near you.  In my
opinion, X was one of the most exciting bands of the
late 1970s and 1980s. >>>

Awesome!

I saw X in October 1983 while I was on a solo Midget vacation trip to the
west coast when I drove my then 4-year-old '79 Midget from Chicago to the coast
and back.

After visiting a high school buddy living in Cupertino, CA I headed to San
Luis Obispo to visit a co-worker's brother who was in school at Cal Poly. He
got
word to me en route that I needed to get there in the early evening because X
was playing on campus on the night I was to arrive and they had scored a
ticket for me. So when I drove through Carmel and by Point Lobos on the way
south,
I couldn't stop at the Ansel Adams Gallery or the park at Point Lobos where
Edward Weston created some of his greatest photographs because I was on
deadline and had gotten a late start due to a crapped out alternator. Someday
I'll
get back there...

So we we did get to the concert and it was totally worth it. I don't have any
photographs of the show in my slides from the trip - I don't remember if
there was a camera prohibition or I left my cameras behind due to warnings from
the other folks going about  b the mosh pit. First one I remember seeing.
Awesome time and came home banged up and bruised but enthused.

Hope I can get to the Chicago show.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA