Re: Elkhart Lake

To: <dmeadow@juno.com>, <spritenut@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Elkhart Lake
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 08:00:01 -0500
The towns closest to Elkhart Lake are Plymouth, Sheboygan, Fond du Lac and a
few real small towns.

The Irish pub in Plymouth is called 52 Stafford.  My wife and I, as well as
Bud and Denise Pazur and WST and Nancy were there a few months ago.  Nice
little B&B.

The Osthoff in Elkhart Lake is a nice hotel.  Siebken's hotel is a nice,
quaint little place.  Don't count on getting in unless you make reservations
well in advance on race weekends.  Their bar/restaurant is an absolute must
see.  Great little historic racer hangout place.  Burt Levy (The Last Open
Road)  fans need to see, or better yet buy, a copy of his portrait of
Siebken's with all the racers in attendance.  Pretty cool.

Upscale accomodations can be had at the American Club in Kohler just outside
Sheboygan.

Anybody coming to RA for the Brian Redmond race in July, don't forget the
dedication ceremony on Thursday the 13th.  This is to dedicate the open road
race circuit on the streets surrounding Elkhart Lake before Road America was
built.  Elkhart Lake and Watkin's Glen are the only two open road race car
circuits being recorded on the National Register of Historic Places.  There
will be a sports car tour of the old street circuit.  Should be pretty cool.

Larry Daniels