Re: Greasy opinions

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Greasy opinions
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 13:46:33 -0500
> Same deal around here - big bucks to enter your car in the show - free for
> show visitors.  Somebody has to pay for all those *fabulous* trophies. :-)

And those are only a couple of the reasons why I don't bother entering my
car in the show. Yes, I pay to be in the rally the day before (same cost as
to be in the show, Ed), but my car gets nothing out of being in the show
except a better parking place. September 10th will be the twentieth and
probably the last British Car Union show in the Chicago area, because not
only do the entrants get to pay to be in the show, they are also expected to
staff the show and it gets harder each year to get the volunteers. I will
miss seeing the big old green Bentley monster from the Twenties and the
ancient Rolls-Royce that has to pump up the pressure in the fuel tank before
it starts, as well as the two MG Airline Coupes, but I guess that is what
cameras are for. Not that big of a fan of trailer queens anyway.