Re: Trip to Iola (now starting problem)

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trip to Iola (now starting problem)
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:07:25 -0500
Jim (and listeristi)
OK, checked it out. Before touching anything, I just threw the VOM on the
pos (grd) terminal, and on the engine, I just used a nut the holds the gen
in place (nice shiny new nut) and got .1 ohms resistance, so pretty good
ground. Rechecked the Pos terminal nut and the bolt holding the grd lead to
the firewall, nice and tight, then checked the ground strap on the
bellhousing, both sides tight. Took the cover off the regulator, looks OK,
don't know what everything does yet, but no obvious problems there. Is there
a quick and dirty way to know if it might be the generator or the regulator?
Dan