BusterCluster2006

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: BusterCluster2006
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:39:59 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I've delayed writing about my experience at Buster Cluster because it's a
little difficult to express exactly how much FUN it was and how IMPRESSED I am
by the KNOWLEDGE and COMARAERIE of everyone that attended.

The expertise that was percolating in that 24 square garage was truly humbling.
Everyone did their part and some did more.

Like others have already said, it was once again interesting and satisfying to
meet cyber-people in person and share the experience of assembling a Sprite.
I've done it before but not in 3 DAYS!!

Listing names is always risky because you leave someone out, but it was truly
great to finally meet Peter C. Ron and Bob Soave, Frank (again), Robert Houston
(again and thanks again for the Himador. Not Humidor...Himador), Mike Walters,
Paul A. (my skull isn't large enough to contain what he knows about these
cars.), Hal, Larry Miller and Warren, Glen Byrns (who brought some GREAT
home-brewed Porter and Stout), Mike MacLean, Spencer (who incredibly searched
ALL of his parts boxes to help out Hal), Jim Rogers, Jim Johnson, Jim, Vern
(whose gone faster than any of use will ever go.), and the others i've missed.

And finally Pam and Buster. I cannot describe the excitement and amazement on
their faces as they did their last survey of their newly restored Sprite before
getting-in for their first test-drive in 30 years. Makes me kind of weak.

This little event was yet further proof of the depth of this list. With all
that I have said it is still hard to accurately describe the event and the
process. Others have and others will in the next few days.

For those who casually said I am welcome at their homes at any time, I will
take that as a dare.

Whew!

Thank you Buster and thank you all for a great time.

jay fishbein
Chicago O'Hare and Soon to be back in Wallingford, CT

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/