Pizza and other foods encountered on LBC treks.

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pizza and other foods encountered on LBC treks.
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:45:54 -0500
If any of you pizza lovers find yourself in Lafayette, LA, go to Pizza
Village and get a "Dupe Special".  The Dupe is a thin crust with beef,
pepperoni, shrimp, and seasonings.  Very excellent stuff it is!  May
not be what you are used to, but worth a try.  The name comes from one
of the original owners, Dupree, I think.  There is a also a "Landry
Special" but it has some green onions or some other vegetation on it.

BTW, if anyone is making the BABE run, Crawfish is OK, but over-rated,
Aligator tastes like Chicken, as do Frog Legs, Cracklins are fried pig
skins, Boudin is good and is sorta like Jambalaya in a sausage(pig
intestine is used for the sausage skin), Blood Boudin may be good but
is red with blood, literally, so I avoid it, you should, too, Grits
are made from corn and are kinda like oatmeal or something that takes
the taste of what you put in it, and Hog's Head Cheese is literally
made from a Hog's Head and is tasty but still made from a pig's head.

Be careful in New Orleans.  You can be walking down a lovely
historical street and make a wrong turn and you'll find yourself being
mugged.  This is not unlike any other city where tourists abound.
But, the line between nice and nasty areas is sometimes obscure.