bugeye rear springs

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bugeye rear springs
From: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:33:55 -0400 (EDT)
I'm transplanting the rear end from a rusty tub to aa new tub and found
the springs are shot. One side is completely broken throuh all leaves.
Anyone have a pair they'd like to sell?  M*$$ only has the ten leaf ones
and they're pricey. Can I get the right U-bolts locally or is it easier to
order them from the usual suppliers. I need them pretty soon, so if
someone wants to part with a pair, let me know.I have the whole rear end
ready to come out with the exception of two very stubborn bolts, that I
can't get to budge after I got the nuts off each of them.

Also, will the steering rack from a later model (maybe 72) fit the bugeye
or do I need to transplant the rack as well. I looks it has the same
holes. I'm going to use the A arms, disk brakes, etc from the later car as
well.
Dick Byrne in NH